Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lego Mindstorm NXT printer

So, me and the guys at our Hackerspace got our hands into a Lego Mindstorm NXT. Actually, I admit, I bought it some months ago. Seriously, I never imagined I could be > 30 years old and still played with Legos...
Anyway, we flashed it with LeJOS real quickly before anything else. "Wait, what?"
For those who are not familiar with LeJOS, leJOS NXJ offers the following:
  • Object oriented language (Java)
  • Preemptive threads (tasks)
  • Arrays, including multi-dimensional
  • Recursion
  • Synchronization
  • Exceptions
  • Java types including float, long, and String
  • Most of the java.lang, java.util and java.io classes
  • A Well-documented Robotics API
Although not essential for our goal, it was fun to fell that warm fuzzy feeling when you're not sure if you just bricked your appliance again.

Well, these were the results:


Cool eh? I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment